Pyramids did not miss the opportunity to validate their ticket to the quarter-finals of the TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup last weekend. CAFOnline.com brings you the latest results and more.
At home against CS Sfaxien, Pyramids opened the scoring but did not keep their lead. They ended up with a draw (1-1) which was enough for the Egyptians to keep their unbeaten record in the competition.
Zanaco are now eliminated. After their fourth defeat in as many matches, the Zambians can say goodbye to competition this season two rounds before the end of the group stage. Al Ahli Tripoli from Libya were clearly superior to the men of Kelvin Zaindu by beating them 3-2.
A new win for Orlando Pirates against Royal Leopards. After the fireworks in the first leg, the South Africans put on a 3-0 show against the Eswatini team. A good way to still be in the race for the quarters.
Short but precious success for JS Saoura over Al Ittihad (1-0). Everything remains to be decided in this group for places in the next round.
At home, Coton Sport did not seize the opportunity to catch up with the front runners in the race to qualify for the quarter-finals. The Cameroonian side recorded a draw 2-2 against TP Mazembe.
For their part, Al Masry remains leader of group C after their 1-0 success against AS Otoho.
Match under tension in Dar es Salaam between Simba and RS Berkane. At the end, a small 1-0 victory for the Tanzanians who are well back in the race for the quarters.
ASEC is also recovering. After the defeat against the USGN during day 3, the Ivorian club returned the room to the Nigeriens defeated 0-2 thanks to a brace from the new prodigy of Ivorian football Karim Konaté.
Pyramids 1 (Walid El Karti) – CS Sfaxien 1 (Firat Chaouat)
Zanaco 2 (Abraham Siankombo, Moses Phiri) – Al Ahli Tripoli 3 (Mohamed El Fahik x2, Muetaz Husayn)
Orlando Pirates 3 (Fortune Makaringe, Kabelo Dlamini, Terrence Dzvukamanja) – Royal Leopards 0
JS Saoura 1 (Oussama Bellatreche) – Al Ittihad 0
Coton Sport 2 (Saibou Marou, Godet Masengo csc) – TP Mazembe 2 (Jephte Bola, Kevin Mondeko)
Al Masry 1 (Hassan Ali) – AS Otoho 0
Simba 1 (Pape Sakho) – RS Berkane 0
ASEC 2 (Karim Konaté x2) – USGN 1 (Adebayor)
20. is the total number of goals scored on day 4.
13. the best attack of the competition so far is to the credit of the Orlando Pirates with 13 goals.
0. no wins and no points in 4 games for Zanaco. The Zambian club shares this sad record with Royal Leopards of Eswatini. Both clubs have already been eliminated from the tournament.
4. Silent this weekend, the South African Bandile Shandu (orlando Pirates) is joined at the top of the scoring charts by Victorien Adebayor (USGN). 4 goals each. Behind, follow El Bahri (RS Berkane) and Karim Konaté (ASEC).
1. Pyramids are the only club still undefeated after 4 rounds in the group stage. They are also the first club qualified for the quarter-finals
I am a young and vibrant sports journalist from Ghana, a member of the Sports Writers’ Association of Ghana(SWAG), and working with Sports Preview Ghana and sports reporting outfit poised to bring all the latest and trending sports news around the globe.